If you wish to see sent e-mails (in addition to the reports) also in your e-mail server, use the SMTP option (if supported by your email server). This is also useful for minimizing the chance of sent emails qualified as spam.
You can set up the default SMTP settings for all users under Settings > E-mail setup
. Every user still needs to fill out their e-mail user information.
To set up your SMTP, go to Settings > My settings > E-mail
or Settings > My settings > Profile
and click on SMTP settings
. Enter the user name and password of your e-mail (not your Scoro user credentials).
For example, with Gmail use:
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.gmail.com
Username: your Gmail account (e.g. email@example.com)
Password: your Gmail password
Security: TLS or SSL
Port: 465 (SSL required) or 587 (TLS required)
Instructions for Google SMTP setup.
Setting up Outgoing SMTP while using 2-step verification in Gmail
If you're using 2-step verification with your Google account, make sure you follow these steps.
1. Connect to your Google account. Click on the top right corner and click "My account".
2. Click Security and App passwords
3. Enter the password of your Gmail account and continue.
4. Click Select app > select "Other" (Custom name) > enter Scoro and click GENERATE
5. Copy your app password for your device (from the yellow field)
6. Enter the password into SMTP password field in Scoro.
Setting up Outgoing SMTP while using 2-step verification in Office 365
If you're using 2-step verification with your Office account, make sure you follow these steps to generate an app password.
Select Add Method -> App password
Then enter the password into SMTP password field in Scoro.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!